Monday, March 2, 2009

Raw Food Surprise - part 1

After talking with my good friend Christine, I have decided it might be important to share my journey into raw food. Thank you Christine!

Food and The Peace Treaty

It started about a month and a half ago...

At that time, I was a big and healthy eater. I ate organic, vegetarian and non-chemical foods when I ate at home and when I had time, I LOVED to cook. When I ate out, I ate slices of pizza, huge bowls of pasta, and everything that is gooey and creamy over veggies. Even though, I ate healthy choices, I ate a lot of it. For example, I ate 2 eggs every morning on sprouted grain toast with cheese. I could go on...

This is where the peace treaty entered into the picture. You see, I had spent half my lifetime binge eating, but had quit years before by just quitting dieting. I knew diets didn't work and they led you down a path of denial and obsession.

So now I was a big eater at most meals and having tension with food as I was afraid of denying myself anything. I ate big so I wouldn't binge. I knew something was not right with my relationship with food, I just had no motivation to do anything about it. It was time to put the peace treaty to the test.

The peace treaty is a tool that ends the resistance in your life. And let me tell you, I was resistant! You couldn't get a healthy food plan near me with a ten foot pole. I set out one beautiful afternoon to the beach with the peace treaty workbook and a pen.

After over an hour of writing, connecting, crying, listening and saying goodbye, I made peace with my inner child who had created a belief about food that was running my life. I knew it at that moment something deep inside me had shifted. The feeling of tension I held in my stomach had dissapeared. I felt free! I didn't realize the extent of what would change from that moment in my life, but I knew my life was never going to be the same.

coming soon... A New Way of Eating

No comments: