Thursday, January 8, 2009

Working with the peace treaty

Last night I was working with the peace treaty with a friend and it was so beautiful!
This is the oldest core belief I have ever discovered with this work.

Her belief began as a 1 year old.

The interesting part was this 1 year old was amazingly smart at protecting herself. The minute we got close to creating the treaty, she began to tell stories of a 6 year old, and then a 12 year old.

I asked, "Can we go back to being one?" I was answered with silence.

I was also amazed seeing the resistance this one year old had to writing answers down into the form. It almost seemed this child was so afraid of what the peace treaty would do if it was completed. I had to encourage each word...

Once the key ideas were written down, and that is when the tears came. That is when the connection was made. The peace treaty was written and the child was finally at peace and her inner-adult was back in charge. This was such a powerful experience. What normally is an 30 minute to an hour process took 2 1/2 hours.

The older the core belief, the more powerful your inner-child is in running your life.

At the end, this sweet adult-empowered woman told me, "This..... is really...... powerful, Rain."
And my talkative friend didn't say anything else for the rest of the night, though her smile said so much more.

No comments: