Saturday, September 6, 2008

Working Mom Does Birthday Party

I know... it's been done a million times before... but it feels like the big headline of my life right now...


For all of you out there who think the transition from stay-at-home mom to working mom has been an easy one... yes and no... mostly no, but it's getting better... for the kids!

Yes, the kids are starting to ask my husband to make breakfast and to help them when they need it during the day. Yes, they have heard the "mommy's working" and understood.

Actually they are probably just fine...

It's me!

I am now into the world of online networking and advertising and creating, and let me tell you, I wish I had a staff of 15 people! It is not easy, though it is a lot of fun, it is not all I want to do with my life.

My oldest son had his 10th birthday this week, and I was halfway between tears and joy. Double digits are a big deal and he is growing up so fast! I wanted to be there with him. I wanted to spend that time with him. I took off his actual birthday and the day of his party. I loved every minute of it. I love being and playing together as a family, I loved the fun and fantastical party we had and all the family and friends that came.

I loved that I was off the computer for 2 whole days!

Yet, it was time to get back to it and I realized that I love being involved with my business as well. I want it all!

I now understand the Supermom Syndrome. Why can't we have it all? I have home businesses and I homeschool and I have the amazing support of my amazing husband, but fact is, I have to work. I have to disappear for hours on end and work.

I have spoke to my coach and my coach friends about this over and over, trying to find a solution... yet there is no answer.

It is going to come down to just being. Just living. Just doing what I love in the moment, keeping a schedule so there is balance.

Just continuing to let it go, let it go....

blessings to all!
Smiles,
Rain

No comments: