Friday, July 4, 2008

A Holiday After Week Two!

Hooray for the holiday! What a gift to get a holiday after only 2 weeks of a new business. I am sure that is highly unusual. Though... I am ready for it. While getting used to the very bugged system I have to publish my online magazine through, it was just not easy this week. I am so thrilled to be able to relax and write what feels good and fun.

Our family has a tradition to spend this holiday with old friends. We spend the night, have a BBQ, let the kids play until all hours, watch the same firework show we have seen for the past 11 years, and chase off to catch the ferry before the end of the night. This year, we have decided to stay an extra night. When my family asked for the extra night, I didn't protest. I am ready to continue to play and stay on holiday!

Starting a business, no matter what you decide to do, and how easy you hope it will be, is extremely time consuming. There are so many aspects to think about when you and your husband are the sole employees. You wear so many hats, you have to really know what to do and how to do it. However, when starting a business, more times than not you actually have no idea what you are doing. You are usually winging it! Okay, okay, I am usually winging it... When you have no idea what will work and what doesn't, life couldn't be more entertaining (for lack of a more colorful word.) The most effective way to get a job done, is well beyond your newbie grasp. It is the serious learning curve that makes what could be a 1 day job, into a 3 day job. So when it takes 5 days, you have to laugh and realize that one day you will look back and say, "Ah, those were the good ol' days!" And even if you don't say that, you will at least look back.

For now, I am not as overly tired as before, not as caffeinatedly (yes that is a word, regardless of what the spell check says) excited as before, just really happy to be working on this new business that brings me insight, fun and plenty of neuron connections.

Most of all today, I am just thrilled to be on holiday.

Happy 4th!

smiles,
Rain

No comments: